Hoosier Hills Good Neighbor Loan
Helping you with financial decisions when times are tough.
Manage Your Mortgage
If you have an adjustable rate (ARM) and are facing a rate adjustment, refinancing your home loan with Hoosier Hills might be the break you need. If you qualify you could:
- Refinance to a fixed-rate 30-year (or shorter-term) mortgage.
- Refinance to anew ARM that has terms better to your situation.
Put Your Home’s Equity to Work
A Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) can be a useful cushion if you’re not already overloaded with debt. You can set up a HELOC and never draw on it, but have the comfort of knowing it’s there if needed. Or use it for large purchases that may be coming up, However, if you already have a lot of debt, borrowing more is not the answer.
Cut Credit Card Costs
Not all credit cards are created equal. Some cards carry terms that are not if your favor. Switch to a Hoosier Hills credit card. The interest rates and fees on our cards are generally lower than bank and department store cards. Transferring balances to our lower rate, lower fee card can save you a bundle.
Pass up Payday Loans
Payday lenders promise to help when you’re short on cash. You’ll get the money you need, but with interest rates that are so high the loan may become difficult to repay.
Use Direct Deposit
The national electronic payments association survey recently revealed that those using Direct Deposit to deposit their paycheck automatically into their savings account save an average of $390 per month, $90 more than those saving manually. The reason is they have consistent, rather than random, saving.
Steer Clear of Scams
Some scammers use news of layoffs or job loss to scare investors into high-risk investments. They use investors’ fears to promote sketchy schemes with promises of high return and no risk that leave investors with nothing but empty wallets and a lot heartache.
- Hang up on aggressive cold callers.
- Delete unsolicited emails promoting investments opportunities
- Do not give out your personal information if you’re speaking. This includes your account number, password, and Personal Identification Numbers (PINs).
For more information or to apply, stop in any Hoosier Hills location or call us at 800-865-2612.
- Indeed: www.indeed.com Find millions of jobs from thousands of company web sites, job boards and newspapers. Post your resume for others to see. Browse job opening by job title, company and location. Search salaries from more than 50 million jobs in the past year, and more.
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com (or the LinkedIn app) allows professionals to post their resume, references, and samples of their work online. Job seekers can also search through job listing, read, share or publish profession content, and connect with other professionals in their field